Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Happy Hunger Games!

The four competing diets have been chosen! Each is unique in its demands and design, and should provide me with individualized challenges. Which one are you rooting for?

A hearty shoutout to all of you who assisted me in designing this battle of the diets; this plan would have been much less interesting, and far more convoluted, without your input.

Diet 1 : Starting September 29th - Atkins: Induction Phase as designed by Dr. Robert Atkins, M.D.

Diet 2 : Starting October 20th - Original Paleo as designed by Dr. Lauren Cordain, PhD.

Diet 3 : Starting November 10th - Vegan (mostly) Raw Diet - this one I'm on my own for, but thanks to V. Galli for the inspiration

Diet 4 : Starting December 1st - The Blood Type Diet as designed by Dr. Peter D'Adamo, ND.

As you can see, each diet lasts three weeks, 12 weeks total, with no breaks in between. I am not planning on doing any cheat days, though I guarantee I'll slip up at some point, because, well, I'm human. Hopefully, I'll learn something in the process.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

Many thanks to B. Benskin, P. Benskin, S. Kelly, K. Haas, P. Bowlin, V. Galli and especially to my Mom, for being my soundboard for my half baked theories and rants, and for agreeing to this crazy scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment